We provide Occupational Therapy, Case Management and Dietitian services for adults with severe and permanent injuries under iCare (iCare Lifetime Care and iCare Workers Care).
I graduated as an Occupational Therapist from the University of Newcastle in 2005. Since this time I have worked in rural NSW in a variety of roles including mental health, community health and in-patient acute wards.
Prior to becoming an OT I worked in a variety of roles with adults with disabilities. I have worked as an OT in the Gunnedah are for 10 years. I have a well established network with local providers and make it a high priority to work collaterality with the participant, their family and the team to ensure we can get the best outcomes for participants. I thoroughly enjoy working with participants and their families and problem solving to contribute to great outcomes.
Our Occupational Therapyservices include:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) assessment
- Equipment prescription
- Manual handling assessment, intervention and education
- Home modifications
- Skin and pressure care assessments
Our Case Manager servicesinclude:
- Coordinating treatment and rehabilitation needs, as required.
- Assisting with setting goals and breaking down the injury and non injury related needs.
- Devising and submitting requests as per the funding body requirements.
- Arranging, hosting and documenting case conferences with the participant, family and treating team, as required.
- Meeting with the participant, family and treating team as required to ensure optimal recovery and progress in goals.
Our Dietitian servicesinclude:
- Weight loss advise
- Wound healing
- Nutrition support for alternative feeding, such as PEG feeding.
- Paediatric growth concerns
- Paediatric fussy eating
- Bowel issues
We are always happy todiscuss other requests.
I have been working privately as a OT and Case manager with iCare, CTP and NDIS participant since 2011. I formed Focus on Function in 2021 as there were limited Occupational Therapy services available in the New England. I am committed to providing his quality services for our participants, families and community.
I am a approved Case Manager with iCare (lifetime care and workers care). I am a member of Occupational Therapy Australia and a registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
About the Team
- A team of Occupational Therapist with extensive experience and shared vision to assisting with great outcomes for people
- High quality administration support to ensure optimal service provision.
- Case management services
- Allied Health assistant